Urlaub planen

The Church of St. Elisabeth at the Palace of the Teutonic Order

General description

The octagonal construction was built according to a project by Giuseppe Delai between 1729 and 1733, on the site of an older chapel. Matthäus Günther of Augsburg realised both the main altarpiece and the frescoes of the vaulted ceiling, which depict St. Elisabeth and St. George, the protectors of the Teutonic Order. The walls and vaulted ceiling are embellished with the rich and extraordinarily refined stucco decorations by Anton Gigl of Innsbruck. The church can be visited along the H. Multscher and City Museum.

Kontakt
Via della Commenda/Deutschhausstraße
39049 Sterzing / Vipiteno
Opening hours: 1. April - 31. Oktober
 
Mo
Di
Mi
Do
Fr
Sa
So
10:00 - 13:00
13:30 - 17:00
Zurück zur Übersicht